5 Books purchased from Amazon

In one of my resolutions for this year, I have plans to read at least 12 books in a year which translate into a book a month.

Over this weekend, I went to the Amazon to make my first step into purchasing these books and these are books with great reviews recommended by either friends or bloggers that meet my criteria to continue improving on self-reading.

Without further ado, these are the 5 books I purchased.

1.) The Rosie Project
I actually stole this book from LP's list of recommended book in 2014. This is also one of the recommended book of the month of Oct 13 by Amazon.

I love books with a lot of hearty and touching moments and from the quick synopsis I think I might get the best of both.



2.) How to Fail at Almost Everything and Still Win Big

The title says it all about what this book is all about.

In one of his excerpts, the author mentioned about "Systems are for winners". That's exactly what I am currently doing, trying to create a system and win big at the end of the game. When you've got a strategy and system going, you are going to get better productivity that makes money works for you. They may still require you to spend time on it, but the productivity should increase over time.




3.) Security Analysis

For value investors, I don't think this book requires any further introduction.

I've been wanting to pick up this book from a year ago but has always failed to do so. This book is pretty thick and they are more like textbook than leisure reading explaining about value investing and fundamental analysis. I was told that the content was pretty technical so I am definitely looking forward to reading and picking up something from it.




4.) Barbarians At The Gate

This is actually a book that is recommended by my professor during my investment banking module back when I was still taking the MBA.

Barbarians At The Gate is a classic account of the fall of RJR Nabisco, something that happens at the Wall Street that changes the face of corporate banking ever again. Looking forward to reading from it.



5.) Investment Banking: Valuation, Leveraged Buyouts, and Mergers & Acquisitions

Another very technical book recommended during my MBA time.

This is more to the step by step valuation methodology for a startup and venture capitalist before they move on to the mature stage. It's definitely interesting to see how it differs from the usual valuation method we used for other companies.




Okay, I admit that 5 books might take me forever to read. The fact that I only have time to read when my son goes to bed, or when I was pooing in the toilet makes it even harder to complete them.

But the third and fifth book would probably account for at least 3 normal books and it's definitely not very easy to digest them. I'll be applying that along my investing journey so we'll see if that is going to help out.

I'll take it as a successful goal if I can complete these before the year finishes.

Anyone has thoughts on these books or read them previously?


 
Powered By Blogger