3 Dining Restaurants I Recommend For Extreme Value

If you have been following my blog for quite a while, you would know that I spend a whole load of money on dining in general and they can add up quite a bit at the end of the month. On average, I usually spend about $100-$150/week on weekends just on dining alone. Add those groceries which we have bought for the weekdays and this amount does add up substantially.

For some reason, Our family has a habit of going out during the weekends. This includes the bigger family of both my parents and brother on top of my wife and son, so we are talking about 5 to 6 people each time. Because we frequent the hawkers or food courts pretty often during the weekdays, we tried to avoid the same during the weekends.

After frequenting so many dining places during the past couple of years, I have been to most of the restaurants within the radius near my staying area. Because of the inconvenience to bring my toddler out with no private car and a crowd larger than what a single taxi can fit in, we usually ended up going to malls that are rather near the central area.

It is actually pretty difficult to find meals at value price at these malls as you would have probably known how crazy Reits these days at working their efficiency in increasing their rents every year. However, I will bring you my top 3 favorite dining places which I think is undervalued and they are my personal recommendation for extreme value (both price and quality).

1.) Shi Li Fang





This is a Taiwanese steamboat restaurant with a rather unique set-up in a way that you get to cook the dishes in your individual steam pot. The lunch set is priced at $9.90 and you get to choose two different soup base which taste extremely delicious. The portion is rather good for an individual and if anytime you need more, the meat dishes (beef/chicken/fish) are at a 50% discount top-up ala carte.

Do note that the $9.90 set includes the drink and rice as well, hence they are very worth in my opinion.

I often frequent the place on the one at Orchard Central though I understand they have a couple more branches at Icon Village, etc.

2.) Yayoiken





This is a Japanese cuisine restaurants which you can find in a number of shopping malls.

A few of the lunch set there is priced in at $9.90, which includes a salad, miso soup, side dishes and the main meal. The rice served there is also authentic japanese rice, which you can top up unlimited flow as much as you want.

The food is really decent and for that price these days it's rather uncommon seen in a restaurant.

3.) Imperial Treasure - Noodle & Congee House





This is a typical simple Chinese meal where you get very delicious cuisine at a very affordable pricing.

On top of that, the quality of the food is top notch and the Imperial Treasure brand doesn't disappoint. Value meal to bring the elderly in your family.

Final Thoughts

I am probably not your everyday advocates of value meals.

I enjoy the company of great food and ambience with frequent family gathering and I put that as part of my lifestyle expansion as my income grows to a more comfortable level. Nevertheless, I usually try to find meals that are more affordable unless it's a special occassion like wedding anniversary or birthday where I tend to spend more.

I am not turning into a food gourment either like ladyironchef so you might not have liked the above I recommend. Just take it with a pinch of salt, just like anything else :)

What about you? Any dining recommendation that you think is value?

 
Powered By Blogger