Even Singer Jason Mraz plans for early retirement before 40

Known for one of his famous single, "I'm Yours" which broke records chart for the consecutive 76 weeks, Jason Mraz is ready for early retirement before he reaches the age of 40.

Now, at the age of 37, he has one more album left on his contract with Atlantic records and then he plans to cool off his hectic lifestyle.


During the interview, he mentioned that he is ready for a break and the daily grinds he has been doing feels like a corporate job at times. His plan after he "retires" is to do more gardening, surfing, having a kid and donating some money he has generated from his album all these years towards a good cause. For this, he has started a campaign #RetiredAt40.

Fans of Jason Mraz will feel surprised by the news, and that's including myself. We all thought that he loved music, singing and songwriting and he probably is. Then why did he choose to retire from doing something he likes in the first place. Doesn't that defies... gravity?

The answer is probably he wanted OPTIONS

Yes, it is true that he probably has music in his blood but at his age he probably sees something which he thinks is worth doing more than simply churning out good music. At any case, he can always still come back to music anytime he wants with his talents.

That goes back to where we are in our daily lives. Some of us love our jobs and some of us don't. Many people think that finding a job that one likes is the holy answer to life. But does that warrant you not to plan for any financial planning for retirement?

Take myself for example - I am vested quite heavily in Reits in my portfolio and I am working at a Reits company right now, so it appears to be a good match. But if I have to be honest, it's probably 90% chores and 10% fun for me and it's probably the same for most people out there. I still do my job efficiently as my role needed me to, but to think that I will have to do this until retirement age is like being handcuffed in prison until the day I see light.

I wanted TIME and OPTIONS and this is precisely why financial planning becomes critical not just for anybody but everybody. Proper planning gives you time to adjust to your priority in life as you age at your own discretion without having the society to dictate the direction. I want to be able to take control of my life and not let anyone dictate them. It's not just about the money, it's about more than anything in life.

Source: http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/music/la-et-ms-jason-mraz-20140828-story.html#page=1


 
Powered By Blogger